Thank You For Visiting Us Today!
How To Obtain Your Arkansas Concealed Firearms Permit
Where is the Training?
Trainings are held about 10 miles South of Little Rock. Less than a 15 minute drive from the 530/30 interchange.
What should I expect?
The number one priority is your safety. We welcome you as our friends and hope to create an environment of learning, while having fun along the way. Lunch is provided at no additonal charge and you will have the chance to enjoy a cup of Concealed Arms Bullet Coffee. The range is outside, so wear comfortable shoes and bring sunscreen if you burn easy.
What do I need to Bring?
1. A Safe & Reliable handgun (Revolver or Semi-Auto). Rental Firearms are available.
2. 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no reloads please).
3. Eye and Ear protection must be worn at all times on the range. Available on site.
4. A completed Concealed Arms Training Application (will be sent after you register).
5. Long pants and a hat are encouraged but not required. This is an outside range so dress appropriately. Click here for the current forecast.
How do I sign up?
1. No deposit is required for any firearms training class. However you may prepay to save time the day of class. (All Fees are fully refundable if you are not able to attend).
What are the Requirements?
The Director of the Department of Arkansas State Police shall issue a license to carry a concealed handgun if the applicant:
(1) Is a citizen of the United States;
(2) Is a resident of the state and has been a resident continuously for ninety (90) days or longer immediately preceding the filing of the application.
(3) Is twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
(4) Does not suffer from a mental or physical infirmity that prevents the safe handling of a handgun and has not threatened or attempted suicide;
(5) Has not been convicted of a felony in a court of this state, of any other state, or of the United States without having been pardoned for conviction and had firearms possession rights restored.
(6) Is not subject to any federal, state, or local law that makes it unlawful to receive, possess, or transport any firearm, and has had his or her background check successfully completed through the Department of Arkansas State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Instant Check System;
(7) Does not chronically or habitually abuse a controlled substance to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired.
(8) Does not chronically or habitually use an alcoholic beverage to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired.
(9) Desires a legal means to carry a concealed handgun to defend himself or herself;
(10) Has not been adjudicated mentally incompetent;
(11) Has not been voluntarily or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or mental health treatment facility;
(12) Is not a fugitive from justice or does not have an active warrant for his or her arrest;
(13) Has satisfactorily completed a training course as prescribed and approved by the director
(14) Signs a statement of allegiance to the United States Constitution and the Arkansas Constitution.
What is the Process?
Complete a Arkansas Concealed Carry Handgun Application Packet, attend a training class and get a set of fingerprints. The completed application, a check or money order for $141.50 and all required documents must be mailed within six months from the date of training. Mail it to: ARKANSAS STATE POLICE, CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSING, 1 STATE POLICE PLAZA DRIVE, LITTLE ROCK, AR 72209. You may also bring your application packet to the Arkansas State Police Headquarters at Interstate 30 and Geyer Springs Road (Exit 133). Take the application and fees directly to the FISCAL SECTION - NOT CHL. NEW - You may also apply online for $147.25.
What type of background checks are done for my concealed handgun license?
The Arkansas State Police performs a name based check through the Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC), the Interstate Identification Index (III) and the National Instant Check System (NICS). A digital copy of your fingerprint card is forwarded to the FBI and they perform a nationwide fingerprint based search.
How long does it take to get my handgun permit?
It depends on your criminal history and the quality of the fingerprints submitted. If you do not have a criminal history of any kind, the process will take a week longer than normal to get the FBI results back (Usually 120 days). The process may also be delayed if your fingerprints are not accepted by the FBI. If your fingerprints are rejected an additional submission time (4-6 weeks) would be necessary. If you do have a criminal history it may take longer to obtain dispositions or review the arrest or conviction information in the file. If any further information about your charges are needed then the ASP will send you a letter specifically outlining what you need to obtain.
What Is The Cost?
The Cost of the training is $110 per person. Fingerprinting is included and completed the day of training. The Cost of State Fees are $141.50 per person. You will pay these fees directly to the State of Arkansas. Register Securely Online Here! You may also apply online at the Arkansas State Police Website for $147.25.
Forms Of Payment?
We accept PayPal, personal check, money orders or cash.
What do I need to do if I cannot make the scheduled training?
We understand that life happens and sometimes you need to adjust your commitments. We ask that you give us as much notice as you can if something occurs and you cannot attend. We have cost associated with each training and when people dont show up it creates unnecessary cost and waste. Please .
What is the difference between a restricted license and an unrestricted license?
If you qualify with a revolver then you will only be able to carry a revolver, thus you will have a restricted license. If you qualify with a semi-auto then you can carry either a semi-auto or revolver and you will have an unrestricted license.
Do I need to take a training class again when renewing my license?
You must take a refresher class prior to renewal. Please contact Concealed Arms for your renewal. Class fees are $40.
My current concealed handgun license is about to expire, what do I need to do?
Contact Concealed Arms and attend a renewal training class. Prior to your expiration date, mail the training certificate, renewal application and $60.00 to the Arkansas State Police, ($63 if renewed online). Concealed Handgun Licensing Section, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, AR 72209.
I have an Arkansas concealed handgun license how do I transport my concealed handgun across non-reciprocal states?
www.handgunlaw.us/ is a great resource, we also encourage you to call law enforcement in the states you will be traveling through.
My name has changed from the name that is on my permit, what do I need to do?
Fill out the ASP-40 CON and either e-mail or regular mail it to the: Arkansas State Police, Concealed Handgun Licensing Section, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, AR 72209.
My address has changed, what do I need to do?
Fill out the ASP-40 COA and e-mail or regular mail it to the Arkansas State Police, Concealed Handgun Licensing Section, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, AR 72209
Link To Arkansas State Police Concealed Carry Forms
Arkansas Concealed Handgun License Application
Arkansas Concealed Handgun License Application Instructions
Change of Address or Name
License Transfer Application
Lost or Damaged Cards
Check Status of Arkansas Concealed Carry Application
Have a Question Please Contact Us!
By email email@example.com